This was a four day trip to Texas Hill Country for Golden-cheeked Warblers, Black-capped Vireos,and many more, along with a trip to a bat cave.
Southern California 2014
Twenty people traveled to San Diego for a nine day birding marathon that went from the sea to the desert to the mountains.
Eleven people traveled to Northern Nebraska for a three day stay at the Hutton/Niobrara sanctuary owned by Audubon of Kansas
Washington State 2012
Fourteen members traveled to the Pacific Northwest for a week of birding in a lot of habitats: temperate rainforest, coniferous forest, alpine parkland, shrub-steppe, costal waters and pelagic.
This trip was our most ambitious to date. Twenty three people flew to Ft. Lauderdale for five days in South Florida, including a trip to the Dry Tortugas.
Rio Grande Valley 2009
Twenty-three birders traveled to the Rio Grande Valley in Texas for seven days of great birding.
Seventeen people traveled with us for a trek to hit all the hotspots of Southeast Arizona.
Clicking on these links will take you out of this website to sites created for each trip
These are all the extended field trips we have taken over the years, along with the people who organized and led them.
- 1979 Galveston Island, Ralph & Mary Wiley
- 1980 Southeast Arizona, Ralph & Mary Wiley, Bev & Ruth Hodges
- 1981 Ft. Collins/National Audubon Convention, Ralph & Mary Wiley, Bev & Ruth Hodges
- 1982 Niobrara, Nebraska, Ralph & Mary Wiley, Bev & Ruth Hodges
- 1983 Galveston Island, Ralph & Mary Wiley
- 1984 ConCan, TX, Ralph & Mary Wiley
- 1985 Lake Isabel, CO, Dan Kilby & Ralph Wiley
- 1986 Rio Grande Valley, TX, Jay Newton
- 1987 Black Mesa, OK, Dan Kilby
- 1988 Manitoba, Canada, Bev & Ruth Hodges
- 1989 Delta, CO, Dan Kilby
- 1990 Beaver’s Bend, OK, Rick Goodrich
- 1991 King’s Ranch, TX, Dan Kilby
- 1992 NE Minnesota, Pete Janzen
- 1993 Galveston, TX, Dan Kilby
- 1994 SE Arizona, Sandra Tholen & Tammy Troutman
- 1995 Ft. Collins, CO, Sandra Tholen
- 1996 Rio Grande Valley, TX, Sandra Tholen
- 1997 Minot, SD, Sandra Tholen
- 1998 Concan, TX, Sandra Tholen
- 1999 Beaver’s Bend, OK, Patty Marlett
- 2002 Big Bend, TX, Patty Marlett & Kevin Groeneweg
- 2003 Roaring River State Park, MO, Patty Marlett & Kevin Groeneweg
- 2004 Colorado Grouse, Patty Marlett
- 2004 Hutton Niobrara Sanctuary, Nebraska, Patty Marlett
- 2005 High Island, TX, Patty Marlett & Kevin Groeneweg
- 2006 SE Arizona & N. Mexico, Patty Marlett & Kevin Groeneweg
- 2007 SW Colorado, Patty Marlett & Pete Janzen
- 2008 Wichita Mtns, OK, Pete Janzen
- 2008 North Woods, Patty Marlett & Kevin Groeneweg
- 2009 Rio Grande Valley, TX, Patty Marlett & Kevin Groeneweg & Pete Janzen
- 2010 South Florida, Kevin Groeneweg & Mike Heaney & Pete Janzen & Patty Marlett
- 2011 Eastern KS hotspots, Kevin Groeneweg
- 2012 Pacific NW, Kevin Groeneweg, Patty Marlett, Jeff Calhoun
- 2013 North Carolina, Kevin Groeneweg
- 2014 Hutton Niobrara Sanctuary, Patty Marlett
- 2014 Southern California, Kevin Groeneweg, Pete Janzen, Patty Marlett
- 2015 Colorado, Pete Janzen, Jeff Calhoun
- 2016 Southeast OK Tom Ewert
- 2017 Magee Marsh, Ohio, Kevin Groeneweg
- 2018 Texas Hill Country, Kevin Groeneweg
- 2019 Roaring River, MO, Patty Marlett & Kevin Groeneweg
- 2020 Lower Rio Grande Valley, Kevin Groeneweg, Pete Janzen, Patty Marlett